We have made our own choices, based on our own beliefs about the environment, and our own understanding about how we can reduce ours and your carbon footprint.
The choices we have made so far are:
- Sourcing ALL paper and board from sustainable forests.
- Invested in Azura computer-to-plate technology to eliminate the waste film and photographic chemical waste.
- Introduced vegetable oil based inks to all presses.
- Reducing the creation of waste by improving operating practices and by recycling materials.
- Purchasing company vehicles that have lower carbon dioxide emissions and improve on fuel efficiency
What FSC ® means to you
The Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC ®) is an international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests. Having been assessed against the FSC’s Chain of Custody standard the Windrush Group are a certified supplier, FSC ® C018248.
We have taken a bold visible statement of our intent as far as the environment is concerned because we know it is one which we can pass on to our customers in a positive and real way.
We also use recycled papers, when requested, but our recommendation is always that ‘sustainable’ is better, with reduced cost and less impact and energy to produce.
- Heidelberg SM 74 – 5 Colour
- Heidelberg SM 52 – 2 Colour
- Heidelberg SM 46 – 1 Colour
We can perforate, score and number NCR sets
- Polar 76 EM – Guillotine x 2
- Horizon Booklet Marker with 20 station collator
- Heidelberg Stahl 52 – Folder
- Heidelberg Stahl F36 – Folder
- Heidelberg Individual Stitching Machine
- MX-530 laminator – laminate up to B2 sheet size in gloss, matt and soft finishes
- Shrinkwrap & Strapper
Our Digital Print Plant List
Epson PRO GS600
Epson’s first 64″ printer featuring an Epson developed 8-colour solvent ink set. It delivers superb long-lasting prints and perfect colours for both indoor and outdoor use.
Kala 1600 Cold Laminator
To compliment our new large format Epson printer, this machine can laminate items up to 63″ wide and onto board as thick as 50mm!
Mutoh Kona 1400
As part of our large format printing, we now have the Kona 1400 cutter. Capable of traditional vinyl cutting for lettering jobs, contour cutting of pre-printed stickers and cut through feature for the creation of individual stickers. Maximum media width of 55″.
Minolta Bizhub PRESS C6000
Features ground breaking 8-bit colour depth that print smooth gradients. Guarantees close-to-offset results and incorporates the latest imaging technology. Prints up to SRA3 size.
Xerox Docucolour 250 digital printer
Which will print colour up to 50 SRA3 sheets per min onto paper or card up to 250gsm and double sided.
Infotec 4105 digital printer
Which will print or copy black and white up to A3 size and also staple in the corner if you need it.
Which will copy original plans up to A1 in size.
Many years ago commenting was only available in the Professional version of Adobe Acrobat, which most clients didn’t own. This meant that commenting was only used by other professionals such as publishers. Now, the standard FREE version of Adobe Acrobat comes with commenting built it. It’s an extremely useful tool and can help you get your amendments across much quicker. Not only will it save you time, as a client, it will save you money on any unnecessary amends lost in translation.You only need to know how to use the very basic functions of commenting to get your point across. Once you’ve used it once, you will wonder how you ever survived without it. Below are some of the basics explained, please see our video walkthrough on YouTube.